Thursday, July 26, 2012

EASY & DELICIOUS Chicken & Dumplings Recipe!!!

Hello Dolls :):):) Today I'm back with one of my all time favorite & easy but delicious recipes... Chicken & Dumplings! Like, I've said before I'm just a normal working gal that sometimes gets home late from work & I don't always have alot of time to prepare a hot delish meal every night... BUT, sometimes I do get by with a lil help from one of my favorite inventions the "Crock pot".  I absolutely LOVE mine & am sometimes truly amazed at the goodness that comes out of it... not too mention the time saving factor... I just get everything ready in the a.m & put it in the pot & turn it on before I leave for work & when I come home dinner is pretty much ready to go :):):) This Chicken & Dumplings recipe is so easy & good you will be asked to make it weekly (LOL)... Let's get this party started...Shall we???

What you'll need & need to do...

1-1 1/2 pd of skinless chicken breast (can be frozen)
1 Large can of Campbell's cream of chicken soup
1 cup of milk
1 cup of water
1 bag of frozen carrots
1/4 cup chopped onion
2-4 cans of home style biscuits depending on how many dumplings you want (I usually use 3 & you can use any brand)

- Put the frozen chicken breast in the crock pot & season it with salt, pepper, & a lil seasoning salt if you have some then add the chopped onions

- Add the bag of frozen carrots along with the can of soup, milk & water kinda mix it all up together

- Turn the crock pot on low & put the lid on if you plan to be gone at least 8-10 hrs or on high for at least 6 hrs until chicken is done

- Once chicken is done get a plate/platter & pull the chicken out & kinda shred it into pieces using a fork then add it back to the crock pot turn your crock pot to high

- Get your biscuits ready by cutting them into half's or fourths depending on how big you want them ( I cut mine using a pizza cutter) slowly add them into the crock pot gently pushing each one down into the crock pot so that the are covered put the lid back on & let them cook for another 30 Min's to an hour depending on how fast your crock pot cooks & how many dumplings you added- you should be able to tell when they are ready... Then voila you have a wonderful home cooked dinner:):):)

Here is everything you will need:)

The chicken when it is cooked & done :)

The chicken all shredded up :)

The biscuits after they've been added:)

Finally, the finished product!!! :)


Trust me, they are as good as they look:):) :) I hope you enjoy this recipe & come back to check out more of my recipe & home decor posts...Feel free to comment if you have any questions.  Until next time... xoxo Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment