Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Easy Fleur De Lis Candle Embellishment

Hello Dolls:):):)

I'm back today with one of my favorite "drab to fab" decor ideas.  I know that candle embellishments are really in right now & while surfing the web I have come across some real beauties that have ribbon & actual embellishments hot glued on to them...mainly fleur de lis & cross symbols they are truly fabulous & are what inspired my cheap, easy version of candle embellishment :) I went to Hobby Lobby & found the fleur de lis stencils (they came in a pack that had different sizes) & craft paint (i got dazzling metallics in venetian gold).  I already had the paint brushes, scissors, candles & scotch tape that I used.  All I did was cut the stencils down to squares (i actually only used one of the stencils- more for later), scotch taped it into place, & painted carefully INSIDE the stencil... the first time I just slopped over it with my paint brush & when I went to remove the actual stencil what I painted came off too. So, I had to re-think & re-paint... I also figured out it was better to remove the actual stencil while the paint was still wet which worked out pretty good:) I did have to touch up the paint some to make the gold stand out more, but aside from this it dried pretty quick :)...










I think they turned out pretty good for a nice, cheap idea esp. considering I still have paint & stencils left to do more stuff :):):) Also, another good thing is if you do mess up or decide you want to do a different stencil it wipes off pretty easy dry or wet with a damp cloth & just a light scrubbing.  Well, that's all for today thanks for stopping by & I hope you follow me if you haven't already... Until next time xoxo

Stacey

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey!. Thanks for stopping by my blog. What a great idea! I'm going to give it a try; those embellishments can be pricey. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by & taking the time to comment :)

      Delete