Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Spicy Oven Potato Wedges

Hey, Dolls!!! :)

I thought today I would follow suite along with some of the other blogs I follow & do a recipe post.  I chose to post this recipe because I just made them & it is very quick & easy which we all love, right???  I know these are nothing new to some but to other's they could be life changing (ok, not really) lol.. I my self decided to make these up one time once when I had went to the store & forgot to get a bag a frozen fries & I was to lazy to go back so, I decided to work with what I had & I've been making them ever since:)  Not only are they more healthy for you but they are much cheaper to make i.e where I live it cost close to $4 bucks for a bag of frozen name brand fries, but also that $4 bucks will buy you a 10lb bag of potatoes!!! You do the math, so for the $4 bucks I would normally spend on a bag of frozen fries I can buy real potatoes & make a healthy version & plus have potatoes to stretch for other meals...  total score in my book!!! I have slowly learned over the years that it is usually 90% cheaper to make your own if & when possible, & that's what I try to do as much as possible, although I do get lazy sometimes... I wear myself out being so fabulous all the time...lol    Now, onto the recipe...

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees

Wash & slice your potatoes into wedges  (use as many or few as you think you need)

Put potatoes on foiled cookie sheet (for easy clean up)

Then lightly drizzle a lil bit of whatever oil you have on hand (olive oil or vegetable oil is what I tend to use)

Then lightly sprinkle with seasonings... I usually use seasoned salt, black pepper, & paprika, but you can season with whatever you want or have

Then bake for 30-40 minutes depending on your oven  & then ENJOY!!! :)

These are one of my fave go-to sides & I know these may take a lil bit more work than just buying the frozen ones, but it is totally worth the savings alone.  Well, that's it for this time...But, stay tuned tuned for my next post which will be all about my actual home (manufactured home, modular home, trailer or whatever you want to call it) I thought it would be good for you to know a lil bit about it since alot of people seem to have many misconceptions about them.  Until next time...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment